General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side leaking water?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Default Driver side leaking water?

Hi
Before I posted a problem with the revolutions and was the Idel control was dirty. Thanks a lot for the help. Now I have new problem coming out from my front diver side. I saw that my carpet was kind of wet so I decide to remove it and when I took it of there was a puddle. The water was clear and I guess this is happening when I turn off my air condition. I will appreaciate any help once again. oh its a Honda Accord 98 Ex

Many Thanks

Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Driver side leaking water?

The ac evaporator and evaporator condensate drain are on the passenger side. Hard to see how condensate could reach the driver's side. I would suspect either you left a window partially open and rain got in, perhaps driver's door seal leaking, power windowguide channels damaged or missing, or you have a windshield leak.

Clear water thankfully rules out a leaking heater core.

good luck

Old 04-16-2007, 05:17 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

windshield work done recently ?? could be form the moon roof

Old 04-17-2007, 05:57 AM

Greetings guys sorry for the delay answer I been working in the car and I found a plastic pipe in the driver side left panelupper and that pipeis the one that is causing the puddle in my side but I don't know of what is that plastic like clear pipe. Butnow I got a bigger trouble how I can open my car by mistake I left the only key inside of it. Im been passing troubles and situationsthat you couldn't imagen. I will apreaciate any help once again guys.

Many thanks

Old 04-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

The plastic tube might be a sunroof drain tube?

The '98 Accord has pretty stout window frames. If you wanna break in you'll probably do enough damage to the window frame & door opening; so I bet a locksmith would be the best way.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:08 PM

my carpet at least is removed I just took off the black cap that drains the water and I luckly opened the hood. what can I do from there? Im just trying to reach the trunk so I can open it.

Many Thanks.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 PM

I finally opened my carcuting a small piece with the wrench . I used a large stick to pick the keys and drop them to the bottom. I fix the leak by connecting the pipes and now it shouldn't be no leak.

Thanks a lot