General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

DRL not working on the driver side 8th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Default DRL not working on the driver side 8th Gen

Ok, i just got a 2012 Accord, i was playing with the DRL trying to install a HID on it but every-time DRL were on i would just get flickering. I tried everything from relay harness to adding a capacitor and no luck. Somehow while working on it one of the DRL is not working anymore (DRL nor High mode) the one on the driver side does not work. I verified all fuses inside and outside and everything seems to be fine. i put back the stock 9005 but still driver side does not work (DRL signal ON in the dashboard)

Please help!!

Thanks

Old 09-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re-check both the No. 15 and No. 28 fuses in the driver's side under-dash fuse box. More than likely it is the No. 28 fuse blown.

The Accord uses the halogen high beams with reduced brightness for DRL. When the DRL are on, the multiplex integrated control unit (MICU) turns the high beam headlight control circuit on and off (duty cycle), which provides a reduced voltage (approximately 6-8 volts) to the high beam headlights (via the No. 15 and No. 28 fuses in the driver’s under-dash fuse/relay box and the No.1 fuse in the passenger’s under-dash fuse/relay box); the high beam headlights come on with reduced brightness.

If all the fuses are okay, then it could also be the high beam bulb. However, my best guess is the No. 28 fuse.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 AM

Excellent !!! it was fuse no. 28 under the driver's dash. I totally forgot to check there. You made my day. Thanks again.

I ordered this on ebay, it is supose to make the DRL work with the HID without the flickering, as soon as i test will update.

2 Universal HID Xenon Canbus Warning Canceller Error Free Anti Flicker Capacitor | eBay