General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need help with driver side window because it's not working!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Default Need help with driver side window because it's not working!

For some reason I never realized to check the power windows before buying this car because it doesn't work! It would go down all the way but when I push the button to make it go back up, it would stop half way. I think the problem is that someone tried breaking into the car before and put a flat head screwdriver between the door and the car and pushed the door back so they can reach down to unlock the car. I pushed the top corner of the driver side back so the door will line up right with the liner.

So two weeks ago, I took off the door panel, took out the window and cleaned up all the nasty crap that was on it that I thought was preventing the window from rolling all the way up. I even sprayed that silicone lubricant stuff along the rubber liners and stuff. I put the door panel back on, and now it won't even roll down! Seems like I messed up more then it already did.

When I try to roll down the window, it seems like it's rubbing against the door panel and won't let it the window go down at all. Do you guys think I'm going to need a new door? It seems like the only way I can get the window to roll up and down is if I pull the corner of the door back so the door is isn't curved and flushed with the car which makes a gap between the door and the car and that just looks stupid.

What do you think I can do to try to fix it? It's driving me nuts that I can't roll down my windows.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Default RE: Need help with driver side window because it's not working!

sounds like the front of your window jumped the track and is running on the outside of the front rubber piece. Because I'm in the mood I'll give you a direct link to our DIY section that has a whole write-up on this issue and many others.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/How...m_16927/tm.htm

Welcome aboard!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Need help with driver side window because it's not working!

Also in our DIY section there is a thread with ACC 5th gen that has a link to a page that has a 94 shop manual. There is a procedure in there to adjust the window in the track. Mine went up a lot smoother when I did that procedure.

My 95 has a similar problem where the window will go down fine, but it doesn't want to roll up. If I push down on the switch while pushing it up, the window rolls up with no problem. I suspect that the power window switch has a bad contact.