General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EASY WAY?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Default EASY WAY?

Ok guys Im almost ready to do my tranny swap from auto to stick. but my problem is its in a scrap yard still in the car. anyone know a fairly easy way to get one out, i only have a few hours to get it out when im ready, if i start from when they open to when they close i have 8 hours. i just dont wanna get the damn thing almost all the way out and have to leave, then someone else comes along in the morning and gets a tranny without doing any work. also, it looks like the car was under water, im going to basically put all new seals and things of that such in it when i get it but would the tranny be to far gone if that happend or is it a easy some what low cost to fix. theres others in the yard but i dont think there all in too good of shape i might have 2-3 more to choose from. anywho, my last question is, do i need a differnt computer if i swap to a manual, i know i can just chunk my TCM cuz i dont need it. and i read the DIY tranny swap but i just wanted to doudle check. let me know what you guys think, greatly appreciated.

sincerly,JOE.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default RE: EASY WAY?

Removing a tranny in a junk yard isn't easy, even in a garage. You did read the DIY manual on removing the tranny.... good first step!. The other recommendation is to take a friend who is mechanically astute. Have him read the DIY also. Extra help will pay dividends when you get frustrated and the time will pass quicker, probably with great success.

Dio

Old 08-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Default RE: EASY WAY?

thanks. ill probably take my bro with me. its just gonna suck when i dont have the right tools to do it. i mean if i can get the motor unbolted from the car and all that good stuff i think i might have the right tools to get it off. wish me luck guys. cuz when im done with that i gotta put it in my car. but i have a motor lift so i should be better off at home.