General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecu/Cruise control fuse blown/blows

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Roader
This bugs me. And not being satisfied using the 1994 wiring diagram PDF I downloaded from somewhere for working on my '96, I looked for an alternative. Found 1997 accord system wiring diagrams from the Common DIY Threads sticky, under Online manuals, the first link "http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Accord/". The file is ABOVE Honda Accord 97 wiring zip.

'97, not '96, but at least it's OBD2. And nicer because each section is its own PDF. No more paging through a giant PDF.

Looking at the Power Distribution Circuit (4 of 4) PDF, the following feed off the output of 7.5A Fuse 4 on 2.2L LX sedans:
  • RADIATOR FAN CONTROL
  • ALTERNATOR
  • GAUGE ASSEMBLY
  • CRUISE CONTROL MAIN SWITCH
  • EGR CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE
  • EVAP BYPASS SOLENOID VALVE
  • EVAP CANNISTER SHUT VALVE
  • ELECTRICAL LOAD DETECTOR UNIT
  • SECONDARY HEATED OXYGEN SENSOR

LMAO... Figures. Thanks for all the help guys, what a bitch this was. Hopefully sometime in the future this helps someone like me.

Car is stock, for all my knowledge.... Makes me wonder though. it is a 96.

Last edited by Tyler durden; 10-06-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by PAhonda
The O2 sensor on the catalytic converter will not make your engine run poorly. That sensor just monitors the catalytic converter, nothing else.

The sensor before the catalytic converter is important to determine the air/fuel ratio. How do you know that one is bad? You may want to plug that sensor back in.

If the wiring is damaged on the O2 sensor, you can wrap it up in electrical tape as a temporary fix.

According to ALLDATA, if either o2 sensor has continuity from pin 3 or 4 ( two bottom pins on 4 pin connector) to chasis ground they are bad. both had continuity. Plus my dtc.

The primary is plugged in, but I did some welding to my stock exhaust. Flex pipe rotted out plus the ears on the cat were no more. Welded washers to the ears and and the flanges to the flex pipe.

Today, I am going to pull my PCM and look for a short or open from the b4 terminal to the lockup solenoid. Solenoid checked out ok, but I have that p1758 code. :/ it never ends.