General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Gremlins Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 PM
jwa074
Unregistered
Default Electrical Gremlins Help

New forum member 1st post.
2003 Accord. 160,00 miles with no real complaints until now.
Last week I must have left the door ajar with keys in ignition and turned on (I think.) In the morning my wife found the car with a dead battery.
I jumped it with my truck and thought everything was fine.
However now all kind of weird things are happening.
A few examples: The key-in-ignition warning chimes no longer work.
The interior lights don't operate properly. They sometimes don't go on when I open the drivers door. But sometimes they do.
The headlights no longer automatically go out after exiting the vehicle.
The locks seem not to be operating as they should.
It's like something jumbled up the whole system.
I have tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to try and reset but it didn't correct anything.
Any ideas.
Thanks for any answers
jwa

Old 06-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Search for a procedure to reset the multiplexers. I think it's something like setting the intermittent wipers to the middle setting & turning the car off & on.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:21 AM
jwa074
Unregistered
Default Re Gremlins

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Search for a procedure to reset the multiplexers. I think it's something like setting the intermittent wipers to the middle setting & turning the car off & on.
Thanks. The only thread I coul find on "reset multiplexers" said "reset the system by setting intermittent wiper ring to half way and turn the car on 10 sec and then off.
Is this done with auto running (ignition on)? I also forgot to add that now the radio will not accept its code. I know the code is correct as I've used it before.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I have a Helm book for 2003, I just have to remember to look it up when I'm at home...

I think you do that reset procedure without the engine running. Ignition "ON" means the key position where it's fully on, with the bells & chimes & idiot lights, but you haven't actually started the engine.

I also think the multiplexers are not related to the radio circuits at all.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Holy cow, there's over 50 pages just for the multiplexer systems. But I couldn't find something straightforward as a "reset" procedure.

You take off the left kickpanel to reveal a fuse & relay panel. Top row of relays, left socket should be empty with a kind of wall around it. There's a "tool" that looks like a jumper wire. (Just like using a paperclip to jumper the SCS connector on pre-1997 Accords.)

Key on.
Insert the jumper.
After 5 seconds the ceiling light will flash the error code. LOL!
Then somehow the odometer display will show a further error code in the form of "b 1234"