General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic "Buzz" from Center Console Display 08 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Default Electronic "Buzz" from Center Console Display 08 Accord

i dont have the EXL w/ Nav so its the smaller, digital screen above the stereo at the top of the console that reads out all the HVAC, and stereo displays...

my car hasdeveloped this electronic buzz that sounds like a ground noise, or when you have stereo speakers turned up all the way in between songs, that electronic hum that emits from the speaker...

after a few weeks of investigating and just listening/paying attention to when i notice it to when i dont, ive discovered it occurs only when the car is outside during the day when the electronic displays are all brighter to compensate for daylightso you can see the information...

for example, ill be driving in a parking structure and the noise will not be there. the interal lights are allon the "nighttime setting" and the headlights are on, etc... ill exit the structure and the daytime running lights will come on, headlights off,and all the displays (dashboard and center console)brighten because on their nighttime setting (when in the structure) they dont have to be as bright. at this point, the console display buzzes like i describe. im eventually going to take it to the dealer to fix, but any ideas what this is? i never noticed it until a few weeks ago?

thanks!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Electronic "Buzz" from Center Console Display 08 Accord

Sounds like noise or interference in the circuitry of some sort. Most stock and aftermarket radios will make some noise with the volume all the way up and nothing playing.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:42 AM

has nothing to do with the stereo, i.e., the buzz emits from the console whether or not the stereo is on or off, whether or not the A/C is on or off.

im refering to the display screen above the stereo/HVAC ventsin the picture... the hum comes directly from that display (FYI picture is not of my car so no radar on the dash)

[IMG]local://upfiles/15189/589173C9694A4B8D9B703FF9E7AAFA0C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Theremight be a speaker in there...
My 2001 Saab has a display unit in the dashboard containing a small speaker. That createsALL the chimes & clicking noises for turnsignals, setbelts, etc.

I dont know if its like that for 08 Accord, but I wouldnt be surprised. Still sounds like an interference problem.

And it still sounds like a WARRANTY problem.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:35 PM

thanks for the reply Jim, i'll have to note where that seatbelt chime comes from...

Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 AM

hmmm... after further investigation with a buddy, actually found it's coming from the passenger side tweeter, again, regardless if the stereo is on or not. ground issue somewhere, will be taking the car in sometime next week.

thanks all for your help

Old 03-29-2010, 07:11 AM

were you able to get this fixed? The noise comes from the DRL's. my brand new 2010 accord has the buzzing noise too. It only buzzes when the DRL's are on and headlights are off. Dealer doesnt believe me, wont even try to repair it, says they've never heard of this kind of problem.