General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine change

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

The pump does not restart to bump the pressure back up. It's ONLY a timed 2-second run.

After the 2-second priming, the pump is not supposed to run again until the ECU is getting a tachometer signal from a spinning engine, or possibly the ECU gets a "starter-ON" signal from the starter control circuit. (Different years have different schemes)

Can you measure fuel pressure at the rail? If the FPR is bad it might leak-down way too fast, or maybe it never gets proper pressure due to failed FPR. Is there any fuel in the FPR's vacuum hose?

There's supposed to be a check-valve in the pump, to prevent backflow when it turns off. Maybe that's leaking back?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Ok.
Mistery solved. its running again.
I set the crank to TDC and felt some resistance when it passed through where exhaust valves where open.
Once set to TDC i found that the cam timing mark was off by 5 teeth.
Contacted the seller of the engine and asked now what.
He suggested that i troble shoot and he would supply any parts i required to get this engine running.
The supplier is Atlas auto parts in cali i think they are.
removed some covers off the timing belt and I found that who ever did the belt last left/forgot to remove a spring from that area.
It was crushed and mangles showing evidance that it had gone through the timing belt and drive pulley a few times.
I inspacted the belt and verified that both springs where where the should be, 1 on the timing belt and 1 on the counterbalance belt.
removed it and reset the belt to spec.
Voila first turn of the key it started.
The belts have some minot damage to them and Atlas auto will reimburse me the cost of the belts i will replace this week end.
Thanks to everyone for their help
Sarah

PS: Now my husband can get off my *** for not having it running