General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Engine Coolant Leak - A bit Urgent

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Unhappy Engine Coolant Leak - A bit Urgent

Hi Guys,
I have been recently seeing a leak in my engine coolant and it appears to be from a pan underneath my transmission. Weird but I could not find out what that Pan is supposed to cover. It appears to be a plastic cover on my engine from underneath ON THE Engine block. Please look at the pics and give me some hints as to what that plastic cover is and; if there some drain plug behind it that could be loose ?

(Right side front of car. Exhaust is also seen in the pic on the top.)

Thanks for your quick help guys since my vehicle is on hoist it will be easy to work on it now if you tell me what it is and if I need to buy something from Honda before opening it up(like gaskets etc).

I have a manual for my car but I cant find any reference to that part in engine-mechanical. If you can point me to right section there, that would also be gr8

Attached Thumbnails Engine Coolant Leak - A bit Urgent-location_pan.jpg   Engine Coolant Leak - A bit Urgent-closeup_pan.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

I would bet it is dripping down from somewhere else.....the pic's are hard to put into perspective....auto manual trans. Is this pan/cover where the trans and engine come togehter?

Again, I'm going with the leak being above the area.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:48 PM

Thanks Poorman.. Looks like you are correct. My friend had a pressure test unit. Though the source of the leak is not visible it suspects some head gasket.

Also I found another leak from Water pump area. Looks bad. Under pressure it starts leaking like a 1 year old under pain.. Oooh feel bad for my car..

I think this seems to b beyond my DIY skills.. so going to take it to a mechanic...