General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine problem with AC on.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 04:43 AM
Default Engine problem with AC on.

2 days back, I saw a battery sign appearing on my car, even though car was starting fine everytime after checking it twice or thrice. But after certain time, I switched AC on. AC was working fine, and I put reverse gear to take it out of parking. But acceralation was on free flow, the car wasn't moving at all. I was a bit shocked, turned off the car after turning AC off. And restarted it after a while, it started off well as normal, and I reversed it which happened as normal. Turned the AC on, woah again no movement, seems like gear is neutral on Drive mode. I turned off the AC and the car started moving as normal. Next day I changed the battery but still battery signal is still appearing and same issue is happening with AC on. Will go for computer test today.

If anybody have faced such issue, what could be the problem??

Old 08-30-2022, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

What kind of car do you have?

Old 08-30-2022, 06:33 AM

I got Honda Accord Coupe V6 2012 model.

Old 08-30-2022, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

The battery light really means the system sees a problem with the charging system, so this could be a battery, battery cable, alternator, or wiring issue. If you stop by a parts store, have them test the battery/alternator.

If you have a volt meter, you can measure the voltage at the battery when the engine is running with no accessories on. Then turn on accessories like headlights, rear window defroster, blower, and measure the voltage at the battery.