General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

EX V6 Heated Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:32 AM
nahfuten
Unregistered
Default EX V6 Heated Seats?

I will be purchasing an Accord EX V6 in the next few days. Today when I flipped through the manual from the glove compartment, I noticed that it said heated seats come standard on EX-V6 and Accords with leather interior. Is this a typo? Was this just an available option, or does it really com standard?

my future Accord does not have heated seats.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: EX V6 Heated Seats?

ORIGINAL: nahfuten

I will be purchasing an Accord EX V6 in the next few days. Today when I flipped through the manual from the glove compartment, I noticed that it said heated seats come standard on EX-V6 and Accords with leather interior. Is this a typo? Was this just an available option, or does it really com standard?

Nope ,, no typo,, I believe honda started with heated seats on the ex v6 way back in 1998,,

Old 05-30-2006, 03:34 AM
Administrator

Yo Desert..Just what us older guys need to keep our Tuschs warm...Heated Seats..Next thing our Honda guys will be making for us older guys is Leg Warmers [sm=happybounce.gif]..hummm-not a bad idea right Desert and Tex??

WheelBrokerAng

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
ORIGINAL: deserthonda

ORIGINAL: nahfuten

Nope ,, no typo,, I believe honda started with heated seats on the ex v6 way back in 1998,,

Old 05-30-2006, 03:38 AM

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

Yo Desert..Just what us older guys need to keep our Tuschs warm...Heated Seats..Next thing our Honda guys will be making for us older guys is Leg Warmers [sm=happybounce.gif]..hummm-not a bad idea right Desert and Tex??

WheelBrokerAng

.. i tell you my friend ,i have the luxury of residing in a very mild winter climate, AZ ,so no heated seats needed for me ,,,, the only thing i care about is the the a/c works ...
Now you on the other hand,, being in those BRRRRRRRRRR winters in OHIO is a different matter ..

Old 05-30-2006, 09:35 AM

i believe that the 6th gen Canadian cars are the ones that came with heated leather seats. My 1998 manual states "Canadian models only" for heated seats.

You can buy the same kits that honda uses from various online retailers for approximately $80.

I live in MN and it has never been so cold that my butt could not warm up my seat wthin a few mins of sitting on it.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:16 AM

Where I live heated seats would be akin to torture. Now air conditioned seats..........you bet!

Old 05-30-2006, 01:15 PM

Had heated seats on my 03 Odyssey EX-L. In Canada we used it quite a bit. Sad to see them go! We did have heated mirrors which I never used and see no point to having. Useless feature IMHO.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:35 AM
416communter
Unregistered

Heated seats, and heated mirrors on my coupe. used both all the time. The mirror heaters mean you don't have to scrape ice off, and risk scratching them. The drivers seat actually heats up through the lumbar as well. really nice to get the chill out.