General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:25 PM
TheKid2000
Unregistered
Default Exhaust

I have a 2000 Accord EX 4 Door. Today i just had someone put on my catback exhaust and header. I drove on the highway and it was fine. I changed and my gaskets and bolts. Before I got home my exhaust made bad rattling sounds like i was drivin without a muffler. What should I do?

Old 09-11-2006, 04:29 AM
Default RE: Exhaust

I would climb under there (with the car securely supported on jackstands) and check all the bolts and make sure all the hangers are doing what they are suppose to do. Or, be lazy and take it back to the guy who did it. If he has any sense of customer sat. then he will be more than glad to get it right. If you were driving it and it was fine and then it started to clank I would say that something loosened up or wasn't tightened down in the first place.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:51 PM

Take a look at the heat shields (on the cat as well as the one near the midsection piping) too if you choose to look under there. I'd take a guess that one of those is causing your problem.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:00 PM
TheKid2000
Unregistered

Thanks fellas it was the cat converter heat shield