General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F22b2 Rebuild, parts recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Default F22b2 Rebuild, parts recomendation

I finally tore the motor down in my 94 LX. I figure 310k is good on one. It had a blown head gasket when I bought the car almost a year ago, and I just drove it like it was, just kept pouring water in. It finally got to the point the car was not drive able. I pulled the head, and it is at a machine shop, rebuilt. I am planning on going ahead and freshening up the bottom end while I am into it. The cylinder walls look good, showing very little wear. I don't think boring will be necessary. This car is going back into DD service when I get it back together, but I want it to be a fun DD. The exhaust manifold is cracked, so I am going to buy a header. The air intake hose is also splitting and falling apart, so I will most likely pick up an intake of some sort also. I have also toyed with sending my cam to Delta for a regrind, but I haven't decided for sure.
I would like some input from some people who have done overhauls as to what rings, bearings, etc have been used with good results. I know there is a lot of junk out there, and I only want to do this once. Another thing I would like some real experience based advice on clutch kits and lightweight flywheels. It is going to cost me $50 bucks to have mine resurfaced, so I might as well spend a few more bucks and get a new lightweight unit. What I have been looking at is an F1 kit on eBay with a Stage 2 clutch and Chromoly flywheel, 11 lbs.
so, thoughts, criticism, etc are very much welcome!

ROb