General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

factory warranty extension due to a TSB or known issue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default factory warranty extension due to a TSB or known issue?

Hi,
I have a 2000 Honda Accord with way over 100k miles on it and when I had it at the dealer the other day, they said there was a factory extension to fix the SRS light from coming on. They looked at it, found the seat belt switch was bad, fixed it, and cleared the light at no charge.

Question, is, does anyone know anything about a factory warranty extension for some kind of known issue with the transmission in the V6 auto? I am wondering how to get info on this, because my tranny has been acting up and shifting hard and would like to see if there is a known issue here. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Search around here for transmission problems. I think the warranty extension was out to something like 100k miles or so.

Goodwill help from Honda comes on a case-by-case basis if you contact them. But if you're "way over" 100k miles you might not expect much if anything.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The reason they fixed the SRS problem is because they have to, as it's potentially life threatening. The transmission issue was a 7 year/10x,000 mile extension that you''ve passed in both time and mileage.

My goodwill experience with Honda/Acura is that if something that obviously should not "wear" or "fail" barely outside of the factory warranty, they will usually fix if you give them a sob story or get angry. Our case happened to be when the navigation unit went out in my mother's MDX shortly after the warranty was up, they wanted over $3,500 to replace it, but also offered to do the goodwill service without us asking.

You're likely looking at a transmission replace/rebuild in the future.