General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel induction cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Default fuel induction cleaning

I brought my car for a safety recall of the software update on the automatic transmission system. The dealer recommend a 'Fuel induction cleaning' service which costs about $160 before tax. My car got close to 50k not. I wonder is this really useful?

I have doubts about the recommendations made by dealers. On the same car, I was replacing the cabin air filter. I just replaced my self not too long ago. My car was in for a different reason. The recommend to replace it. I told them I just replaced it myself. Then they brought out a very dirty air filter. After that, I noticed soot to collect on my glass when I drive the car. After a few weeks, I suspected that the dealer replaced my clean one with a real dirty one. I replaced a new one, then the soot on my glass was gone.

Another time, a Toyota dealer recommend to rebuild my engine, and said my Sienna is not safe to drive. They told me to rent a car over the 7/4 weekend so they can order parts and replace the engine. I told them please don't touch my car (I was in for an oil change). Guess what, since then, I have not replaced the engine, and the minivan is still working after 180k miles. When they were suggesting it, it was at about 50k miles.

So I would appreciate, the experiences from you or the techs.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

At most, I would pick up a bottle of the chevron techron fuel system cleaner and follow the instructions.