General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump wont kick on

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Fuel Pump wont kick on

I have a 94 accord ex with a f22b1 sohc vtec with a 5 speed and ive had a small issue with already and have just kinda been getting by. But anyways when you turn the key you should hear it kick on it does not and my car no beeps at me like how you leave your lights on except its not for the lights it does it as soon as the key is in the on position several times then stop it never did that before. for like the last month when i would go out to start it before work it wouldnt kick on so i would wiggle all the fuses and wires under the hood and under the dash then nothing would happen and i would be sitting in the car and it would just come on randomly after that but once you start it itll always work no problems for the rest of the day until next morning then it just stopped doing that for a while and was just working properly but now i left for work today and it started right up no bull **** drove to work and got sent home an hour later due to weather so i went back to sleep for maybe and hour and went to go leave and it didnt kick on so i wiggled all the **** pull both ecu and fuel pump fuse disconnected the battery and then hooked it all back up wait still nothing about a month ago i had this issue and replaced everything new fuel pump new ecu new fuses new main fuse relay new fuel filter and fuel lines i just dont know anymore

Old 06-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Your post is really difficult to read.

When the car is not working, what happens when you turn the key to the II position? Does nothing happen? Does the check engine light turn on for about two seconds, then turn off?

Does the starter work, when you turn the key to start the car?

Was any work done on the car before this problem started?

Old 06-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

"kind of" sounds also like a bad key switch - electrical part. With the key to "on"/position II, can you check for 12v on the BLK/YEL wire going to the dist?