General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse Fan blower

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Default Fuse Fan blower

Hey so I am new here and I have a 1994 Honda accord that has been family owned since it was bought. Now I am trying to restore it to stock or better just breath new life into it. But I have several qustions that I can not really find the answers to, so here they are.

1) The A/C does not blow cold air at all, its actually really hot. I dont know much about accords so I was wondering if there was a writeup with pictures on how to fix this?

2) It also stinks sometimes. I know this has to do with there being mold somewhere but I dont know.

3) There is a fan blower fuse its 20amps and I have already replaced it twice but it has blown three fuses in less then 3 weeks. So I was wondering what could be the cause of this.

4) Someone broke into it a long time ago and they popped out the passenger side door handle from the outside. Now it wont go all the way back in anyone have any suggestions?

5)Also my center console comes off its not secured down with anything. It really is just duck taped to the shifter console. So does anyone know what i need or a good way to make it secured down?

6)Also I am looking for a lot of parts cheap so I can get her better. My wanted ad is here.................
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_7..._/tm.htm#75746

Hopefully people can answer these really quickly cause I would like to get her running really well before my birthday on monday. Thanks

Old 09-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Default RE: Fuse Fan blower

so the fuse is called "cooling fan" that is blown

Old 09-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Returning the car to it's former glory is admirable. However, don't underestimate the task. You're talking about more than a few hrs on a weekend. Some serious time and effort is necessary. I'll just describe the AC repairs to let you understand what you are tackling. I assume you plan to diy?

AC: Does the compressor engage at all or never? Is there any charge in the system or dead zero pressure? You can depress the low pressure connection point to see if there's zero pressure. If it's charged, you may have an electrical problem. Post back for additional guidance. Most likely all the refrigerant has been lost through a leak somewhere, and you need to find and repair the leak. First find the leak. Usually, you charge w/ a bit of refrigerant and inspect w/ a leak detector or if dye is included in the refrigerant/oil, then you look for dye at the leak/s. Oily dirt accumulations at any point, particularly connections, are indications of leaks (oil from system attracts dirt). Repair leak/s.

Carefully inspect around the ac compressor clutch rotation plane for evidence of oil being slung out of the compressor clutch assy. This would indicate a leaking compressor shaft seal. A new shaft seal can be installed.

Next, I would suggest taking the AC system apart.
1) Remove the evaporator, clean the evaporator housing (source of foul smell),and replace all orings on expansion valve fittings of evaporator. Note, expansion valve orings are a prime possibility for leaks. Any indications of oily dirt/dust on the evaporator would be reason to have a separate test performed on evaportor for leaks.
2) Replacing all system oring connections. They age and you want to avoid problems for a long time.
3) Flush condensor (in place at each connection end) and drain evaporator of any oil while removed.
3) Replace the receiver/drier as the last task of reassy and install the lubricant (~8 oz) anywhere in the system. I usually put a good portion in receiver/drier and rest in hoses and condensor.
4) Charge system w/ spec amount ~ 24 oz of R134a (see ackits.com for additional diy support and guidance on charging). You will need a vacuum pump and an ac manifold gauge set.

BTW, I did all the above on my 94 EX 3-4 yrs ago and AC is still very cold and reliable here in Houston. An essential item in this part of the country.

Well, the above will keep you out of trouble for a while. You'll learn a skill that will pay dividends for life. I've repaired perhaps 6-8 ac systems over the years and got a lot of satisfaction from the work.

The blower problem is likely a failing blower that is drawing excess current. Difficult to diagnose, except using a quality VOM to measure current draw when blower is running. A good blower should probably draw no more than 10A (1/2 fuse rating) on high fan. If current draw is high,a new blower is the fix. They are readily available on ebay and elsewhere at reasonable prices.

good luck

Old 09-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Dang it TexasHonda, that was and is a GREAT post, hope he PM'd you and Thanked You for the great Help you provided...

Thank You from HAF...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-08-2007, 09:36 PM

Hey thanks you very much texashonda Hopefully i will get to this, this sunday and do a write up with pictures!
But does anyone know anything about the other problems.

Edit. ok so the problem with the cooling fan fuse was the one of the fans behind the radiator melted to the plastic ( say your standing in front of the car looking at it with the hood open) the fan on theleft melted so i took it off the car untill the new one comes in and replaced the fuse. But the one on the right will not work either but the fuse is ok now. Can anyone PLEASE help me with this, it would be MUCH appreciated.
PLEASE