General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

To gain HP for my 03 accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Default To gain HP for my 03 accord

Well , i am kind of a person that just started to tunes

I am a "Noob" or "Newbie"? lol

I want my accord to gain more HP.

Can anyone recommand products?

Which company's intake is the best product to gain HP? and Exhaust system?

What else i can do for gaining HP?

Old 05-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Administrator
Default RE: To gain HP for my 03 accord

Hello New Member and Welcome to the forums..start out by doing searchs in the search area up top about CAI's and you will find pleanty to read...That area up there is very helpful..

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-27-2007, 08:35 AM
novafx4
Unregistered

Look at the "free" hp items first.Simple thingssuch as obstructions in your airflow. In one of my Ford's, there was a baffle in the factory airbox, which restricted airflow. This was removed, and helped things out. You won't notice massive increases in hp, but every little bit helps. Two quick, inexpensive,mods that come to mind are K&N filter and synthetic oil. They'll help you breathe better and your engine run a bit more efficiently. Maybe down the road, add a Cold Air Intake kit. Nice cool air = free hp.

I can't really help you on the intake question, as I'm not familiar with the Honda aftermarket. One thing to keep in mind though, is that you'll never see the maximum gain that a manufacturer promises with their parts. They usually base their numbers on a combination of parts. They'll claim 20 hp for an intake, but in actuality you may see less than 10 hp replacing a single piece. You can't take 3 parts that claim 20 hp apiece and realistically expect a 60 hp gain.

I once read something that said "HP is cheap, about $20 per pony. How fast do you wanna go?". It may be a little more expensive nowadays, but it was a pretty good rule of thumb at the time. If you're interested in saving money, learn to do your own work. Money saved on labor can be put toward parts. Get a good manual, start with the easy stuff, read the tech articles and ask lots of questions.

Good Luck.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I/H/E

Intake/Headers/Exhaust

If you have any questions about how to install and stuff like that...we have the same year Accord...but the problem is...is your Accord a 4 banger or 6?