General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Gas tank filler neck inner vinyl tube?

Old 11-05-2018, 10:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30
Default Gas tank filler neck inner vinyl tube?

Does anybody know what the clear vinyl h

ose coming out of the tank (where the filler neck hose goes over) is for? The purpose of it? It is clamped inside the filler neck opening on the tank but the other end just goes inside the filler neck and isn't hooked up to anything. Got a new tank and don't understand the point of it??
Old 11-06-2018, 06:38 AM
JimBlake's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 17,518

What year car?
Check parts drawings at any of the on-line parts places.

I suspect it's got something to do with venting back to the vapor-extraction stuff in the fuel nozzles of the gas station.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kimball MI
Posts: 1,060

I believe it's a filler vent hose, so the gas station fill nozzle doesn't keep shutting off while filling at full speed.
If the new tank doesn't have one, or it's connection, you should be fine without it.
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
General Tech Help
05-12-2015 09:09 AM
General Tech Help
06-23-2012 12:13 AM
General Tech Help
03-31-2011 07:06 PM
General Tech Help
11-25-2010 12:05 AM
Fat Ryan
General Tech Help
04-16-2010 09:50 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gas tank filler neck inner vinyl tube?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.