General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hazards blink when car starts

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 04:39 PM
rswing
Unregistered
Default Hazards blink when car starts

I have a 2door 1997 Honda Accord. About 3 years ago I took it in to have a window replaced and when I got the car back whenever I start the car, the hazards blink for about 2 min and then they stop and remain off until I turn the car off and on again. Even if I turn the car on and off quickly, the hazards will continue to blink for the normal 2 min.

the mechanic who must have caused this problem was a total a** and refused to fix it without charging me (he has sense gone out of business) but this issue drives me nuts and I am thinking that it has something to do with a car alarm or something.

I do not think that I have a security system in the car but does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this strange behavior? thanks in advance!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

An alarm seems like a definite possibility. I don't think that the 97 accord had a factory alarm, but I may be wrong. Do you think that one was installed before you bought the car?

I don't know which window your mechanic replaced, but he may have disconnected the battery when doing the work. I don't think that the window circuit has anything to do with the hazard system.

All you may have to do is reset the alarm, but you will have to find it. If it is aftermarket, look under the dash on the driver's side and look for wires that appear to be out of place. That may help you locate the control unit

Old 07-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Sounds like there's a short in the electrical system at the key switch...