General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Headlight housing replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 05:19 PM
tomatocity
Unregistered
Default Headlight housing replacement

I am brand new to this one owner 1993 Honda Accord EX and I need some advice.

The headlight housing needs to be replaced. The PO provided the OEM headlight housing unit though I have not seen it yet. Are these difficult to replace or should I have a shop do the replacement? I have been around a wrench or two and have reasonable mechanical skills. The reason I ask this is the PO had a person offer to do the replacement and he bowed out saying it was beyond his skills. Thanks.

I am looking forward to getting this Accord as an additional vehicle. I also have a 1993 S10 that I purchased new.

Tim

Old 01-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Default RE: Headlight housing replacement

Grab a freebie manual ( http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/ ) and consult our DIY section, plenty of info.... Not sure why it's that difficult that he would bow out but anyway, check out the instructions and decide if you want to do it or not.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure you'll need to let loose the bumper to get to the bottom bolts of the light housing.
Take loose the fender liner shrouds 1/2 way around starting from the front and also a phillips head screw that is holding a plastic guide type mount for the sides of the bumper.
Then the bumper lights come out, behind themI think you can then get to the bolts that mount the bumper to the front frame area.
It's as easy to pull the entire bumper loose as one part as it is to take the bumper cover off.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:42 PM
tomatocity
Unregistered

nasty - thanks for the suggestion for the manuals. I down loadedmanual and two supplements.

dude - thanks for the instructions. I am sure they will help.

I am very visual and need the help of the manual. I spent a couple hours searching chapter by chapter with no luck. Does anyone know the Chapter for this information. Thanks.