General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

headlight housing assembly problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Default headlight housing assembly problem

Hello anybody/everybody...got a problem with my right front headlight. The headlight itself is fading to a yellow like appearance and I need to replace it. The corner light has a crack in it allowing water to get into the housing area causing the faded appearance. Another problem is that the weather stripping around the light is essentially gone. I was wondering if I should get a whole new headlight/cornerlight assembly or should I just replace the cornerlight and just clean the headlight since the main problem seems to be coming from the cornerlight. Also, I have looked at a manual and it doesn't say how to take out the whole headlight assembly...how do I do this and how hard is it. If anybody has any suggestions or tips, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: headlight housing assembly problem

you can try replacing just the ftrt side parking marker lense,, if problem continues ,,then i would replace the headlite assembly,,

to replace it, you need to remove the bumper

Let me know if you want to replace the headlite i will give you instructions....

Old 05-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Default RE: headlight housing assembly problem

thanks for the help desert...I will replace the corner light first and if that doesn't work, i'll go with the whole assembly. If that's the case, i'll contact you concerning the instructions. I have the Chilton manual for my vehicle which has helped in the past but not with this situation. I may try the Haynes manual. Thanks again.