General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default headlight issue

hello everyone i have a head scraching issue... last night when i was about to leave to work i turned my car on as usual and the headlights wouldent turn on... but the parking light did and also the hi beams would turn on...and btw this is both of the headlights i checked the fuses and they are still good...im thinking its a relay...what do yall all think?

Old 02-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Default RE: headlight issue

sounds like the combination switch.... or you had a chance happening where both low beam bulbs blew at the same time

Old 02-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

I'm thinking headlight switch, but just for grins and giggles you can test the bulbs.
Cheapo multimeter or test light would be handy to have on hand.
You can remove the steering column shrouds to get to the switch, no need to remove airbags or steering wheel.
Holler back if you need more info

Old 02-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies

well since it happened last night i realy dident have time to check it becouse i had to call some one to give me a ride to work adn also i did check the bulbs and they both died @ the same time...the thing is the bulbs are the sylvania silverstars and they arnt more then 4 months old ( i do work @ night so i doubt that thats the reason they died)....

Old 02-08-2008, 09:51 PM

i've had silverstars burn out like that. i used honda bulbs for a while now, since i have a surplus of them from customers requesting both bulbs to be replaced as a preventitive, but now i'm on a 2nd set of silverstars. it's been 2 months, so far so good. [8D]

Old 02-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I've been using the sylvania silverstars for the last 8 months and I'm on my SECOND pair. I just replaced the left one yesterday and I believe it only lasted 4 months. When this pair goes out I'm going back to something cheaper and more reliable. I've never had this kind of problem with headlights with all the years I've owned Honda's (20 plus years). Good luck.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I had them too, and had one go out after a few months. Pieces of crap in my opinion.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:52 PM

Man I think imthe onlyone with good luck with these things. Ive run the same set of Sylvania SilverStar Ultras for almost a year now without any issue from them. I had issue with the Sylvania CoolBlue lights.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:19 PM
djgorkhali
Unregistered

2001 Accord EX 5 speed manual

I have half of the same problem, it is my righthandside headlight, my left side works fine but my lright doesn't but my High-Beams and my turn signal work on both sides, my fuse andthe bulb both of them are fine? any suggestions and help please.

can do most of the work myself, I am hoping I can do this too, don't wanna pay too much for a simple thing that I can do it myself.

Please Help!!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 11:21 AM

Just a word of advice. Never switch both bulbs at the same time. Swicth one, wait a week. then switch the other. This way when the first one goes out you know the second is still good for approx another week. Gives you the chance to get new pair.