General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Headlights going off when I turn on blinkers

Old 06-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Default Headlights going off when I turn on blinkers

I have a 2010 accord LX.Last night while driving home on the highway I was exiting off the highway and turned on my blinker and the headlights went off for a few seconds.There have also been a few times when I turn on the headlights and they will blink once or twice before they stay on.Has any one else had this proble? If there is a TSB or a recall I haven't been able to find it.Thank you

Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM
jgw

Is there any aftermarket equipment installed? I presume not as its a 2010 model. But if you have installed yourself an Amp, Speakers, DVD Player etc it may be causing the issue.
If it is only blinking after you do something; ie after indicating or turning on headlights it is likely a power issue.
If it does it of its own "accord" then it is likely a wiring issue.

If you haven't installed any aftermarket products, isolating the problem will be hard.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:57 PM

Warranty run out, it's a 2010? How intermittent is this?
I'd remove the plastic around the light switch trying to get to the light stack connector. I'd unplug and look at the contacts, make sure they're free on corrosion, not bent, general condition, etc. Then plug back in and turn HL on and wiggle connector, wires and see the effect.
If that fails, try locating the relay that does the HL in the relays box and kinda tap on it and watch the HL. There should be a connector to the relays board, wiggle that, wires, etc.
If that fails then let us know, we'll go the wiring diagram's way.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if still under warranty i would not touch a thing,,,,,,,,,,,have the dealer take a look at it

Old 06-04-2011, 11:54 AM

No aftermarket parts and yes its still under warranty.I took it to the dealer and it was a relay that was bad.I asked here first because I had heard that some of the earlier accords had this same problem and if there is a TSB the dealers are more likely to fix the problem instead of making you wait for several hours for a one hour repair.Thanks for the replies