General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated mirrors for an 07

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Heated mirrors for an 07

I was wondering if the harness exists in SE model to add heated mirrors ? It would be real nice to have heated mirrors in this area and was wondering how easy / hard it would be to add them to my 07 SE ?

Old 09-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

So the LX and SE don't have defrosters on the mirrors, while the EX has them.

It looks like you would need a power mirror switch from an accord with heated mirrors. I'm not sure if that switch will fit in your door panel. I am also not sure if the electrical connector is the same for the LX/SE compared to the EX.

It looks like the LX and SE have a different wire harness for the doors compared to the EX (which I am assuming only the EX has the proper wiring). Once again, I don't know if the electrical connector for the LX/SE just has a slot missing for the defroster or if it has a different plug.

The wiring isn't too complicated. You would have to run a wire from the new switch to the proper pin on each mirror. Then you would have to run a wire from the ground pin on each mirror to a proper ground.

It looks like it can be done, but it doesn't look like you can install a mirror with the defroster and be done with it.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I believe the switch on the EX's is in the same trim panel as the window master switch and I didn't recall any extra connectors when I had it out recently. There are some knock outs on the dash for fog lights I believe I could maybe put a switch there and just wire it the way you suggest. I'll have to check my fuse block and see if theres a spot for them too. I would guess it would be fairly high amperage.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator

If you go to the common DIY thread on top of the gen tech help forum, there is a link to the online shop manuals thread. In the first post, there is a link to download an 03-07 shop manual that has the wiring for the defogger. It looks like it uses a 7.5 amp fuse, so it isn't drawing that much current. You have to open the manual with internet explorer.