General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater is blowing cold air

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

When you run the test, do you get any codes?

Old 11-06-2012, 05:41 AM

I haven't done any test. Last night I decided to take a look at the duct under the hood and knocked here & there and inside the dash too. I started up the heater with the lowest temperature and slowly increase the temperature (I usually press Up/Down buttons quickly). Heater works!! Let's see how long that will last. If it quits again, then I'd have to take it to shop. Thankfully I have 6 years or 150,000 warranty!!

Old 11-06-2017, 12:50 AM
Default any help?

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Hi>
Have you did the normal thing of checking your fluid levels in the coolant system..? Is it staying up or are you haveing to keep adding fluid?
Are you getting white smoke out of your tailpipe and excess water dripage?
4cyl or 6 cyl?

Let us know this!
i have to add coolant like every couple months, i get white smoke out of my tailpipe and also excess water does drip i have a honda accord 2001 4cyl my heater isnt working. Any help?

Old 11-06-2017, 06:31 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default 2007 Accord Diesel heater blowing cold

Have you checked for coolant leaks? Have you checked your oil to see if water is getting into it? Having to fill it up every couple months is what you need to fix first. You could be looking at bad valve guides, cracked valve, or need a head gasket.

Last edited by Seanjordan20; 11-06-2017 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:06 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you ever solved the issue, and if so, what was the problem? I also have a Honda Accord EX-L with navigation ('07 model), and I have the exact same problem with the heater. Most of the time it blows out cold air, but every so often it works just fine. This has been going on for awhile, so it makes me think its not the heater itself that is bad, but rather the audio/nav unit. This would make sense because my navigation and clock also work intermittently. So is it possible that I have a faulty connection? I can't think of any other reason why my heater would work sometimes and not other times. My boyfriend is a mechanic and he can't find anything wrong, but he doesn't have experience with electronics.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I had an issue with my navigation intermittently working. It would flash on and off and the time would do all sorts of crazy stuff. I have a 4 cyl and decided to upgrade the battery and ground cable to the 6cyl sizes. After that I have not had any issues with my navigation. I guessed that the battery was going bad and needed to be changed.

Now as for the cold air on heat that would be bad blend door actuator. Mine was acting up for a while and finally went out. I bought the one under the steering wheel (it sit to the right of the gas pedal). Once changed I had no more issues. Mine went completely out around 152k.

Hope this helps everyone

Last edited by Seanjordan20; 12-04-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:46 AM

I have a 2010 accord EX-L with navi. Does anyone know the procedure to get the DTC codes for the climate control. I have seen the 2008 instructions, but it doesn't work for me. The buttons are different on the 2010 with navi (there is no OFF button). I have been battling the typical "cold on the driver side, hot on the passenger side" symptom when I turn the heat on. I have flushed the evaporator and replaced (and verified that it works) the driver blend door motor. Going nuts ! Thanks.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

On the '10 I think the button is an "on/off" - does yours have that?

Old 12-15-2017, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
On the '10 I think the button is an "on/off" - does yours have that?
Yes, it is an ON/OFF button, so when I press it the fan turns on. It should be another combo of buttons to push that activate the self diagnostic test.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, it is a combination of the "on/off" and rear defogger/defrost.

Attached Thumbnails Heater is blowing cold air-hvac-code-procedure.jpg   Heater is blowing cold air-2010-hvac-buttons.jpg  

Quick Reply: Heater is blowing cold air