General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater is blowing cold air

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 10:11 AM

Thanks for responding poorman212. Those instructions are in the manual for the 08s I tried them but they didn't work. I'm not sure if the 08s climate control are configured the same as the 10s. Since my button is an ON/OFF, when I press and hold it, the fan turn on. I've also tried pressing that button again and holding it, which turns the fan off, but no luck either. See my climate control attached. Appreciate you looking into this !

Attached Thumbnails Heater is blowing cold air-hondaaccord2010.jpg  
Old 12-16-2017, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

The manual I have does cover the '10's but only the 4 cyl that is where I saw that on the '10 the button was labeled on/off vs the 08-09 being just off

Again it is a series of the on/off and the defrost....see step 2 where you are "holding" the on/off and then have to press and release the defrost button five times within ten seconds - the whole time you are holding/pressing the on/off. After the fifth pressing of the defrost is when you finally "let go" of the on/off button.

I have no personal experience with this year/model accord - only done this on the 07 Pilot and 07 Accord I have - so I only have the manual to go by......sorry.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
The manual I have does cover the '10's but only the 4 cyl that is where I saw that on the '10 the button was labeled on/off vs the 08-09 being just off

Again it is a series of the on/off and the defrost....see step 2 where you are "holding" the on/off and then have to press and release the defrost button five times within ten seconds - the whole time you are holding/pressing the on/off. After the fifth pressing of the defrost is when you finally "let go" of the on/off button.

I have no personal experience with this year/model accord - only done this on the 07 Pilot and 07 Accord I have - so I only have the manual to go by......sorry.
Thanks poorman212, So I decided to flush the heater core again. I did this initially following their recommended procedure (CLR, bla, bla, bla) and I was able to get regular heat on both vents back again for about 2 weeks, and then slowly within a couple of days the temperature dropped again on the driver side and some on the passenger side. The air flow also seemed to go down a little too. Anyway, after flushing for this second time, I have regular heat and regular air flow again. I did run lots of tap water thru the normal fluid flow and then reversed it. Hopefully it will stay as is from now on and NOT go back to no heat within the next couple of weeks. Have you experienced / heard anything of this sort, or do you have an idea of what is going on ? Thanks man ...

Old 10-24-2022, 11:27 PM
Default Heater

I have a 2003 Honda Accord 2.4 kmotor. We just replaced the thermostat and water pump but it still blows cold air what could be the cause. We put antifreeze in it and I don't smell anything on the inside

Old 10-25-2022, 04:28 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It can be 3 things

- air still in the system (turn heat on high and burp the system)
- ensure heater valve is actually working (sits on the firewall)
- ensure blend door actuator is working
- there a 4th but highly unlikely (climate control not working)

Old 10-25-2022, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

An additional item that can cause your issues is a clogged heater core, where the coolant won't flow through the system.