Hello ..new and need help - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Hello ..new and need help

  #1  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 28
Default Hello ..new and need help

Have a 94 accord sedan ex nd its giving me problem when starting it wont turn over just sputters nd turns off replaced starter nd battery it will work after about 3-4 trys while steppin on the gas for it to start any suggestion to what the problem is. I dont know much about cars
 
  #2  
Old 07-23-2013, 12:08 AM
WheelBrokerAng's Avatar
Administrator
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canton/Massillon, Ohio 44646
Posts: 30,433
Lightbulb Hi , I'm moving this to correct thread :)

Originally Posted by justing920 View Post
Have a 94 accord sedan ex nd its giving me problem when starting it wont turn over just sputters nd turns off replaced starter nd battery it will work after about 3-4 trys while steppin on the gas for it to start any suggestion to what the problem is. I dont know much about cars
Welcome to the HAF..
 
  #3  
Old 07-23-2013, 05:57 PM
poorman212's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Youngsville, NC
Posts: 11,817
Default

Terms can be confusing.


If you turn the key to start - does the starter spin the engine over but it won't "start and run" on its own?

Or, you turn the key to start and nothing happens - stater does not spin the motor?

We are willing to help, just need to understand the issue.

Also - does the CEL light come on when the car is running? And, are the tune up items (cap, rotor, plugs, check wires) up to date?
 
  #4  
Old 07-24-2013, 01:13 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by poorman212 View Post
Terms can be confusing.


If you turn the key to start - does the starter spin the engine over but it won't "start and run" on its own?

Or, you turn the key to start and nothing happens - stater does not spin the motor?

We are willing to help, just need to understand the issue.

Also - does the CEL light come on when the car is running? And, are the tune up items (cap, rotor, plugs, check wires) up to date?
Yes the starter runs and spins but it wont start on its own i have to step on the gas while turning the key to get it to start nd. Im not sure bout that i dont know much about the maitnence schedule of the car just the oil changes
Nd etc.
 
  #5  
Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by justing920 View Post
Yes the starter runs and spins but it wont start on its own i have to step on the gas while turning the key to get it to start nd. Im not sure bout that i dont know much about the maitnence schedule of the car just the oil changes
Nd etc.
nd yes the cel is on came in when i changed the starter bout a yr ago think i need all of that tho spark plugs and all
 
  #6  
Old 07-24-2013, 11:14 AM
poorman212's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Youngsville, NC
Posts: 11,817
Default

If you are unsure of the last tune up then I would plan on that - they wear out.

Get the code - at the top of this section there is a sticky - "Common DIY and Info Threads". In there you will see how to get the codes on you OBD-I car.

Once you have the code(s) let us know what it is.
 
  #7  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by poorman212 View Post
If you are unsure of the last tune up then I would plan on that - they wear out.

Get the code - at the top of this section there is a sticky - "Common DIY and Info Threads". In there you will see how to get the codes on you OBD-I car.

Once you have the code(s) let us know what it is.
Not to sound like a total moron but how do i get those obd1 codes will i have to get a diagnostics scan or whatever its. Called. ? Sorry on the late reply
 
  #8  
Old 07-30-2013, 11:12 AM
poorman212's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Youngsville, NC
Posts: 11,817
Default

There is a service connetor under/behind the glove box....a blue two pin connector. Jump it with a piece of wire or paperclip and turn the key to on and start counting the flashes from the CEL - D4 - ABS.
 
  #9  
Old 08-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by poorman212 View Post
There is a service connetor under/behind the glove box....a blue two pin connector. Jump it with a piece of wire or paperclip and turn the key to on and start counting the flashes from the CEL - D4 - ABS.
I see a blue nd orange one so thats the blue one u were talking bout ? Nd its a 3 hole nd 2 hole when just to make sure thats the right connector just exactly how Do i jump it sorry im clueless when it comes to cars.
 
  #10  
Old 08-03-2013, 10:29 AM
poorman212's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Youngsville, NC
Posts: 11,817
Default

Sorry but your post is a bit confusing.

For the connector there are several pic's floating around: 94 accord service connector - Google Search
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
tiehc
New Member Area
2
06-11-2013 01:27 AM
dashindarlin
New Member Area
2
07-25-2012 02:13 AM
Joecb7
General Tech Help
0
03-20-2011 09:14 PM
dhaa001
New Member Area
2
03-24-2008 05:39 PM
ranger498
General Tech Help
9
02-19-2008 05:40 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello ..new and need help


Advertising

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.