General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help....93 accord ex coupe...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Default help....93 accord ex coupe...

Ok resident guru's......... I have a new issue........ btw i seemed to have fixed my 02 sensor cel issue, of course now that i've typed this it will probably come back, short story i thought i had a bad new 02 sensor, but as soon as i replaced the air filter, the cel light doesn't come on any more....weird...so i reset the car, and so far so good...

now i have 2 new issues........ the first....... my car can sit in park, idleing allllll day long, and will not over heat........ but if i drive it, and am stuck in traffic, in gear, it will start to overheat, usually takes about 20 mins.....I can turn on the heater and turn on the fan, one click, it will cool the car down, now i've only tested this once, if i drive the car, after being stuck in traffic, the air coming in from the front will cool down the radiator......why?? so what do you think is wrong? both fans come on, and the fan comes on when the car is parked and turned off.... I also changed the antifreeze and replaced the therm, ths is the second time since jan...i was thinking i had a bad therm....

something new that just started last weekend, when i start the car from cold, it will rev up and down for about 4-5 times and then go to high idle til it warms up.............the only thing i can think of, was when i changed the therm, i did take off the air filter thing that was connected to the throttle body??? i also replaced the air filter, but i was very careful to plug all the vac lines back in, i think i had to disconnect 2-3.........

car runs great, just these 2 issues.......

thanks in advance for the help!!!

Old 08-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Does the ac still work on this, I can't remember?

If so, verify both fans come on when the ac is on.

Verify and recheck for air in the cooling system and that the rad and res are full.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:54 PM

hehehehe, so yes, as i was going to work this am, sure enough that damn light came on, here's another observance, the car hesitated just before, i was at a stop, started to go, was hesitating at about 20mph, i let off the gas, and then pressed again, and away we went, about a min later the cel came on.........jinxed myself!!!

the air is freezing, so i know the a/c works just fine.........

i will check on both fans, and will top off rad tomorrow if it needs it, the res is full...