General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Door won't open

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Help! Door won't open

Dear old PAhonda; LOL
Here is where I always drilled, right at the end of the spring 'leg'.
After going thru the first layer angle the drill to go downwards 15-30 degrees. Keep your shoulder pushing on the door so when the latch is tripped, the door will fly open and you fall out in the shop floor, and all the other techs can laugh at you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5417/F947A9019DF6472EB85EFE363FCD0B52.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-2008, 10:29 PM
oobudoo
Unregistered
Default RE: Help! Door won't open

PAHonda, I dont know how to post pics, but on the thumbnail that hondadude put up, I drilled where the small hole is just to the right of where he drilled. Its a very small hole but a good target to start a drill bit. Maybe the point is to just drill wherever to be able to poke around inside.

I did check to switch and it appears to be working. I just didnt know if the door lock relay also is a relay for the window. I guess Ill find out when I get the new motor. I hope I remember where all the screws go since I have parts all over the place.

I am glad I found this forum, it has been most helpful

Old 02-07-2009, 01:35 PM
oobudoo
Unregistered
Default Update

Brought back the old thread since this is part the the same problem.

Installed the new window motor and regulator I got from ebay and works fine. Not exactly the same as the original part (Would have used the old regulator but motor would not attach). Anyway window works now.

Problem now is finding a door latch or I should say the correct door latch assembly. The dealer wants almost $300 for a new one. I have been to a local junk yard twice now and have picked out 2 incorrect parts. First one was for a 2 door and the other did not have the electrical plug for the automatic seat belt (Shoulder strap). Good thing the part only cost $24 with a guarantee so I will be returning this part also. The second latch I have right now works the door but not the automatic shoulder belt and the seat belt dash light is blinking and dings all the time.

My question is are there any other car models that use this door latch? A cross reference part? There are many cars (Acura, Integra, Civic, Etc.) at this junk yard. The only parts I can find online says it's for "passive seat belt" and I don't know if passive means automatic or not. The diagram only shows one plug and it should have two.

I apologize for the lengthy story but the information on this site has been great and much appreciated.