General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi I'm new here w/questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Default Hi I'm new here w/questions

My Title says it all.

I am working on a 92 Accord EX for my mother and for some reason I can't get it right.

I put a new head gasket on the car and I still get Oil in the Coolant and vice Versa.

I had the head serviced at a reputable engine machine shop and they shaved the head .005 and said the head was good.

After putting it all back together I get oil in the water and water in the oil. The Engine Runs good so far for the little bit of time I ran it to test it out. Once I noticed the oil in the radiator and water on the oil dipstick I pulled the spark plugs. The Plugs seem to be dry and clean thus far.

I'm wondering if the block is cracked or if there is another way for water and oil to mix on this 1992 Honda Accord EX 16v SOHC F22A6 Engine.

The only thing I could think of is if some how the Oil Cooler that sits on the block behind the oil Filter could be leaking water and oil into each other...

Please give me sound advice. My mother needs her wheels back and I need to figure out the best way to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Ineedhelp; 12-17-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Title Change
Old 12-17-2011, 08:57 PM

Hello,

You posted this in the wrong location. But I am sure a moderator will move it to the right area.

Has the engine been overheated?

When you put the head back on after having it serviced, did you get a new set of head bolts?

If so did you tighten them in the correct order along with the correct amount of torque?

How many miles are on the engine??