General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

High beam/DRL HID Harness issue

Old 09-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Default High beam/DRL HID Harness issue

Hello all,

i have an issue with my drl/high beam. First of all i have a 2012 accord that i want to put HID on the DRL/High beam. I was able to install a harness to provide power from the battery and a capacitor for the flickering but it is only sending power to to the driver side. The passenger side does not works. I am using the diagram attached. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

If you are trying to replace the high beams with aftermarket HIDS, I do not believe this will work properly as DRLs, as the MICU comes into play.

The multiplex integrated control unit (MICU) turns the high beam headlight control circuit on and off (duty cycle), which provides a reduced voltage (approximately 6-8 volts) to the high beam headlights

Old 09-08-2012, 02:28 PM

Actually, that is fixed by the anti-flicker capacitor. It regulates the voltage so DRL HID can work properly. My only issue is that the left side HID does not work with this setup. I fell i am missing an step or an extra cable to go from the car OEM harness to the second antiflicker capacitor to the transformer and then connect to the harness attach to the battery.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

As noted on Xenon Supply website’s FAQ (refer to attached pic.), their anti-flicker capacitor is to bypass the DRL module on cars which use the low beams as DRL.

The 8th generation Accord uses the high beams as DRL, where the MICU comes into play. The 8th gen. Accord does not use a separate DRL module like some older generation Canadian Accords. The MICU may be the source of your right side not turning on. The MICU on the 8th gen. Accords is involved with many other things on the car too; not cheap to replace if it ends up blowing and Honda may not cover due to adding the aftermarket HIDS.

Regardless, good luck with your endeavor.

Attached Thumbnails High beam/DRL HID Harness issue-xenon-supply-faq-regarding-low-beam-drl.jpg  

Last edited by redbull-1; 09-08-2012 at 04:42 PM.