General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Accord 2.2 litre i-CTDi Clucth Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Default Honda Accord 2.2 litre i-CTDi Clucth Problems

Hello good people,

I have just picked up my Honda Accord 2.2 litre i-CTDi from an " authorised" service and body repair garage and I barely made it home, felt like riding a run-away train- five violent stops and two close accident shaves- all because my clutch problems are worse after having it "repaired". You see, my clutch at times simply sticks to the floor and I have to do some footwork to get it up again. Now this garage says, no problem, we will get you fixed up in a day.

For the princely price of € 501.85, I got my car back this evening and the clutch is ever stuck to the floor. This is despite the garage assuring me they had "fixed the problem". I wonder if they test -drove the car after changing the pressure plates and two other pieces whose name I can't name in English because its all in Italian.

I want to try to drive the car back to the garage but before doing that, I need help to understand why the clutch won't cooperate. I want to tell the garage what to do because it appears they are "divining" instead of diagnonising correctly what's wrong with the clutch. I thought this forum has enough experts whose opinion and solutions I can brandish in front of the garage owner and his "mechanics" and get them to get serious-its risky business driving a cranky car. Thank you very much for all your help.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome! Honda doesn't send any diesel engine over here. I imagine the clutch is about the same as the USA petrol engines??

Clutch pedal sticking to the floor seems to me indicates air in the clutch hydraulic system. Bleed it more carefully. I don't know how you go back to the shop & tell them that they screwed up your car.

Like you say, you should insist that they test-drive the car long enough for the problem to happen to them.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Default Honda Clutch Problems

[QUOTE I don't know how you go back to the shop & tell them that they screwed up your car.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your response. Its a circus everyday where I am. The garage spent the whole day today consulting an (oracle) I think. When I went back evening time, the clutch was as stuck as ever to the floor. Then the garage owner suddenly produced a proforma invoice and told me .... " its the damn cylinders both master and slave, stupid!!" So in addition to € 501.85, I am going to pay again another € 300.00 and if you add angst then I am totally screwed, just like my car!!!

This forum is very handy, and perhaps saves lives. I found the cylinder solution here, I translated it into Italian, gave it to the garage this morning and viola!!, by evening the solution was all there. Thank so much all you good people for the time you spend helping out dummies like me. I still love Honda but not some of the people who claim to maintain its impeccable brand.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Well, it's like good news & bad news.

I'm glad it's fixed.

Too bad it cost you a lot of money for THEM to explore & learn what they should already know.