General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Accord 2002 2.0i AIR CON problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Honda Accord 2002 2.0i AIR CON problem

Hello I have looked through the forum and cannot see anything related to my problem... I have a Right hand Drive Accord SE EXE 2.0i hatch and the Air Con is not cooling at all. I have had the system checked for any leaks and also re-gassed but it does not seem to of made any difference. The Compressor kicks in when you operate the Air Con button on the Climate control. The garage said that it maybe the internal temp sensor not telling the system what the temperate is. Is there any DIAG to check this or any other possible tests I can to. All the controls on the Climate panel seen to work OK and the TEMP indicator on the panel does vary when you change the required temperature.. Thanks in advance John

Old 04-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Check the hoses going into and out of the heater core. Are the both hot or is one one hot and the other cold.....there was someone back a few months ago with the oppisite issue of not getting heat (think it was the same generation) and it turned out there was an issue with the heater control valve.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hi thanks for the info... I have now checked the heater control valve and it fully opens and fully closes. I disconnected the control cable and manually moved the arm to the closed position and then connected the cable and use the climate control to fully open and fully close. I made a mark on the valve to show the fully closed position and it is then same when connected. I have had the system re-gassed again and watched all the procedures and all is OK with the system NO Leaks Normal Pressure, etc. The OUTPUT from the aircon to the compressor is quite HOT so it seems that it is removing heat from the interior and the input pipe to the interior is just a little warm when idling. The cooling radiator fan is running full blast... I am assuming one of the sensors in not working but no idea which one,,,, Any ideas as to what to test ??? John