General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noisy Air Con

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 12:09 PM
bruffy
Unregistered
Default Noisy Air Con

Hi All,
Hope someone will be able to provide a bit of advice for me here. Bought a 2002 (52 Reg) Honda Accord Sport 1.8 V-Tec earlier in the year. The aircon worked fine but was not getting any cooler than the normal fan, so had the unit re-gassed - is that the correct term?) anyway worked fine, and to be honest not used the air con for about a month, when I switched it on the other day it is really noisy (sounds like a radiator with air in it) have I answered my own question there? The noise comes from behind the passenger footwell and goes noisy, then quiet then noisy etc etc Anyway question is does anyone know a fix for this, or is it likely to be a trip into the localgarage to get it fixed?
Thanks for any help in advance
Mark.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Noisy Air Con

It sounds like your refrigerant charge leaked out again. Best bet is to clean up all around the lines so that the dye will be easy to follow to the leak, then put a charge into the system per the directions on the can, but make sure that it is a charge with UV dye in it. Then you take a blacklight and the leak will glow. If this is over your head, take it to a mechanic to do. I'd put the dye charge in myself, then take it in and tell them that the dye is in there for them to find the leak. Make sure that the dye isn't in there too long before the leak is diagnosed because eventually, the dye will get all over the place undr the hood and it won't tell anyone anything other than that there IS a leak.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:31 PM
bruffy
Unregistered

Falkore24,
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and give me some pointers in the right direction. When I get a moment and its light, I will have a look and do what you said. Thanks again for helping, its most appreciated
Mark.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

No problem!!! Good luck with the fix!