General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Accord 2005 Ex Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 01:03 PM
Unhappy Honda Accord 2005 Ex Coupe

Hello,

I am trying to be a do it yourself kind of person and usually google is a great help and usually takes me to this great forum. However I feel like I am not getting an answer to my question. I have a Honda Accord 2005 Ex Coup, a while back, the break switch broke off (I thought it was crayons) and the break light did not turned off, and because it was pretty dark outside when I realized what was happening, I was pulling out fuses until I found the one for the break lights. After I got the break lights fixed, now my car radio or cigarette lighter/socket does not work. I checked the fuse under the driver side, and don't know which one to check under the hood. Please help?

Old 09-14-2017, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

It should be called aux or aux power on the label of the fuse box cover It might be called audio. I don't have my shop manual in front of me.

If you have a volt meter or a test light, there is an easy and quick way to test all the fuses. A fuse that has volts on both top tabs is good.

Another invaluable tool is getting the shop manual for your car. You can get a pdf of the manual for $22 at automanualsource.com and it will pay for itself the first time you can fix a problem vs taking to a mechanic.

Here is a video.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
It should be called aux or aux power on the label of the fuse box cover It might be called audio. I don't have my shop manual in front of me.

If you have a volt meter or a test light, there is an easy and quick way to test all the fuses. A fuse that has volts on both top tabs is good.

Another invaluable tool is getting the shop manual for your car. You can get a pdf of the manual for $22 at automanualsource.com and it will pay for itself the first time you can fix a problem vs taking to a mechanic.

Here is a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07TrPjn8hI
hi I changed both fuse, radio and socket and still no go. Is there another fuse that may have been burned out? Or could be both socket and radio are fried?

Old 09-30-2017, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Check under-dash Fuse No. 32 (7.5A).

Old 10-01-2017, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Check under-dash Fuse No. 32 (7.5A).
redbull, whoever you are, you are invited to my bbq... I feel like singing "Wing beneath my wind"... you are my hero!! It was empty, I think I misplaced that fuse in the wrong slot. Once I put it back in, the radio turned on... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Old 10-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

You're welcome. Good to hear things are okay now.