General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

honda shut off at 110

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Supper Moderator

*passing around chill pills 2 everyone*

We all are family calm down

Old 05-22-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
*passing around chill pills 2 everyone*

We all are family calm down
No worries! I'm not upset, but thanks for being cool! I can respect that!

Originally Posted by deserthonda
CHIP my man,... last i checked going 110 on any streets other than a legal racing circuit IS breaking the law...and i guess by reading his comments ( car tops off at 110 ) he already broke the law .......

Chip , I do not know how old you are or if you have any kids that drive.. but i wonder if you would sing the same tune if one of your kids was driving on a public road at 110 mph,, would you say ( son, daughter) let me give you some pointer on how to go faster or would you chew their butts for fear of their safety .......something to think about, seeing that you such an open minded person

Like i said ,,you are entitled to your own opinion,, if you want to give him pointers get his E-mail and do it privately..,
As for this ^^ though, your logic just seems incredibly flawed! All you're doing is assuming and jumping to conclusions. You assume the OP is young, you assume the OP is breaking the law, you assume the OP is doing top speed runs on public roads, etcetera, etcetera etcetera!

Do you honestly think it's wise to refuse to teach people how to do things the right way??? Do you honestly think that by forbiding someone to help someone learn HOW TO BE SAFE will stop them from doing whatever they want? I'm sorry, but that's exactly how people get themselves into trouble in the first place.

I am a father, and I'm pretty sure that my son will be better preparred to make intelligent decisions if I do my best to be honest and open with him. Teaching people the propper way to do things without judging them, or assuming the worst will always yeild more positive results than trying to control them. It will also allow them to be comfortable enough to be honest with you. If you think that your mentality is conducive to positive results, then you're in for a rude awakening, because if this is the approach you take in your parenting, then I think it's safe to assume that your child/children are/will be keeping secrets from you, and secrets are catastrophic to positive parenting! The same philosophy applies to helping people with automobiles. If a person such as the OP does not learn the right way to do things, then you can expect them to learn these lessons the hard way, because no matter how much you try to censor or control people, they will always do whatever it is they want to do, with or without your approval! By teaching the right way to something, they are more likely to respect your opinion when you decide to teach them how dangerous something like that actually is. When is the last time you respected and/or listened to someone who tried to stifle you???????

Of corse, this is just my opinion, and I could always be wrong, but it hasn't failed me yet! On the other hand, your method has! I've tried it. Just think of all the people you're sending out into the world to learn these things on their own, by not allowing the conversation to take place here! I've learned a lot of things the hard way and I would love for people to be able to learn from my mistakes, as opposed to learning them on their own. It breaks my heart to think of a young person losing their car and/or life, simply because they didn't have a tiny piece of valuable information that I (or someone else) could have easily given them with a few key strokes!.....but hey, you're in charge, and this is just one man's opinion!

Last edited by chip; 05-23-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:10 PM

Ok guys sorry if this request with help caused any problem.. I am not here to do that. All I was looking for was alittle , not that i want to go that fast..and as far as breaking the ...law..I am not into all at we have a track here where I live..I would never think of driving that fast on the street..I am 45yrs old and have kids as well safety is always first...I how ever would like to do alot of changeds to my honda..and thats all ...not trying to hurt my self or anyone else... and chip ty...but in the same respect i have to agree with the admin as far as safety come into play...

Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Default Thank You Desert

Originally Posted by deserthonda
I am sorry but i am not going to allow you to help another member brake the law and possibly killing himself or others...Honda Accord Forum could stand a chance of a lawsuit should anything would happen to him for aiding him or advising him .....

if you want ,you can get his personal E-mail and help do whatever , but i will delete anything you suggest to him in this forum

Thanks as Always G.
Angelo

Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i havn't seen an answer for the op, so the easiest and cheapest way to go over 110 would be to get a poa ecu chip off ebay for $9.95. Where you go over 110 is up to you, i've had to get away from cops before and i know that chip let me do it cause i broke 175 down the freeway.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Now why would you have a policeman let you drive that fast...while you were trying to get away with running away from him?

Old 07-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Supper Moderator

175 in a accord???...

Old 07-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Administrator
Cool That"s What I Was Getting At

I give him the official WheelBrokerAng Salute
click the image please

Attached Thumbnails honda shut off at 110-bsflag.gif