General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you activate the cruise control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 02:22 AM
ZeroFear
Unregistered
Default How do you activate the cruise control?

I know this is a dumb question but on all my other cars the cruise control is a button on the stalk ( thing you move up and down for directional lights ). Im am driving a 2000 accord ex v6 auto for the next few days while my car is geting fixed, and cant figure out how to activate the cruise control. I see a cruise control button on the control panel to the left of the steering wheel. and on the steering wheel itself are three buttons that read resume/accel, cancel, and somthing else. There is no owners manual and im afraid to ask someone in person incase its real easy.

Someone help me out : )

Old 02-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: How do you activate the cruise control?

have you tried pushing the cruise button down so it will lite up ?? the one on the dash .. once it lites up then you can set the cruise using the buttons on the steering wheel.,,,.assuming the system works properly cruise should engage

Old 02-17-2007, 03:15 AM
ZeroFear
Unregistered

when i hit the cruise button ( the square one in between two others ) it lights up green. After that what button do I hit?

Old 02-17-2007, 03:18 AM

once the main button is on ( green ) then you need to push on the set button on the steering wheel . you have to go faster than 25mph for cruise to engage

Old 02-17-2007, 04:25 PM
ZeroFear
Unregistered

oh ok. so i guess the cancel button turns it off? do i also have to turn the cruise button to the off state ( green light isnt lit up ) as well too? in my old car it just waits until i hit the brakes to turn off. what does the accel / resume button do.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:12 PM

if you apply the brakes it will cancel the cruise setting but system is still on,, let's say you apply the brakes and cruise cancels,, if you want to get back to the same set speed just hit the resume button,,,,,,,,now lets say you are going 50 mph and you want to speed up, instead of using the accell pedal you can push the accell button for the cruise on the steering wheel,

No ofense.... but ,, i thouhgt that ( accell + resume buttons ) would be pretty much self explanatory .

now if you totally do not want to use the cruise control you can turn it off from the dash button