General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle PROBLEM, i found the real problem.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Default RE: Tranny and Idle problem.

thanks sir nasty, and ill check em out right now. i hope my problem can help others. im glad to be part of this forum.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:32 PM

oh and by the way does anyone know how hard it is to replace the bottom IAC. cuz i really dont wanna pull my freakin manifold off this week, i already have to do a main seal and a head gasket.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:11 PM

ok well it wasent the IAC. its the throttle bypass screw. theres something majorly wrong with it. i took it out and stuck my thumb in the throttle body where that hole is and it stiped the idle from doing what it does and my intake wasent sucking like crazy. so im gonna pick up a new throttle body today and get that fixed. i never thaught it could be that until i looked at that screw. it was turned out like 8 turns, way to much. whoever ownd the car befor me didnt know what they where doing. thanks for all the help guys. hope this can help someone else

Old 08-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: 92Inspire

ok well it wasent the IAC. its the throttle bypass screw. theres something majorly wrong with it. i took it out and stuck my thumb in the throttle body where that hole is and it stiped the idle from doing what it does and my intake wasent sucking like crazy. so im gonna pick up a new throttle body today and get that fixed. i never thaught it could be that until i looked at that screw. it was turned out like 8 turns, way to much. whoever ownd the car befor me didnt know what they where doing. thanks for all the help guys. hope this can help someone else
wooooo no need to pick up a new throttle body......sometimes if not sealed those screws come out with the vibration of the engine

here is what you do......clean the passagfe and the screw with carb cleaner. install the screw, adjust idle by it at 750 or so,, when done apply some HOnda bond or silicone at the back of the screw to keep it from coming out ...

Old 08-13-2006, 03:37 PM

cool ill give that a try. if not im just gonna get a throttle body from the junkyard for 20 bucks. or just nab the screw outa the thing and stick it in me pocket. lol ill let you guys know whats going on with it. thanks for that desert honda, it could save me 20 bucks.