General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:51 AM
HDM

hey dave,

i am also new here n it looks like we both have the same issue. I have a 94 accord lx (F22 swap) mt. and I was told it was the map sensor. Yeah, I changed it and when I start it up the rpm jumps to 2000 and the temp also goes up really quick, like 5 minutes. The difference is, i haven't tried everyhting yet, but I am going to check for vaccum problems and maybe search for more reasons why it's doing what it's doing. What else do you think I should check for.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:03 PM
HDM
Default anyone?

yeah, I don;t have a leak anywhere in my throttle. the vacuum is also clean. So i decided to check all my liquids to see if they may have a problem since the last owner kept it sitting aroun for a year and didn't drive it. I am also goind to check everything else, but the reving to 2000 rpm is killing me. Anyone have any suggestions, oh before i forget to include, when i adjust the throttle wires, the rpm does go down but i can;t adjust it all the way or it will be too loose. remember i have a swap f22 in a 94 2 door coupe. I wanna take it to the shop but they might say something about the kamikaze headers and aem cold air intake.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

I am going to copy your posts and start a new thread, so this one doesn't get confusing. You may have a different problem.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

For starters, you should check for any error codes stored on your car's computer. Use a thin paperclip to short a service connector under the glove box. See this site that has a good set of instructions: http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/howto/cel.html

In the main DIY section, there is a thread called FITV cleaning. At step 2, if your idle settles down with your finger over that bottom port, then you likely have a FITV problem.

I would drain the coolant, remove the FITV assembly, unscrew the plastic valve assembly, clean it up with some TB cleaner, screw it back in until it is snug. When you go to refill the coolant, open the bleeder valve on top of the thermostat housing when you are filling the radiator. Keep adding coolant until all the air stops spitting out of the valve and close that valve. Top off the radiator.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:10 AM
HDM

Alright thanks 4 the suggestion. i'll take a look at it today if I have time, a very busy day.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:44 AM
HDM

oh, before i forget to include, i am still waiting on my 130 amp alternator, so my accord does not have an alternator yet, or a running one.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:12 PM
HDM

I have just installed my new alternator and realized i also needed a new belt, so i took care of that. I did not try the thing Phonda was able to direct me to because I am a little confused at the blinks, but I do plan to try it soon.