General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument light replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Default Instrument light replacement

The first time I drove my daughters 94 Accord at night I realized how many light were burned out or dim. I used the shop manual I downloaded from this site and found it fairly easy to get to and replace most of the bulbs. Some were not mentioned specificly- like the bulb that illuminates the shift lever panel on the console (its a 4 spd automatic trans). I had to look at the schematics to verify there was a bulb there. Once I removed all the center consoles I did locate and replace it.
The heater control panel has an illuminated fan speed selector and temp control dial, and the buttons that select the floor, vents, defrost each have a led light that comes on when selected. But that side of the heater panel, the side with thoses mode buttons, seems to have no general backlighting.
Again looking at the schematics, that area shows 1 bulb. That is between the fan switch and the temp control dial. When I got in there I found that the wires for that bulb also go into the multi switch of the mode control. However I found no way to get inside that multi switch to see if there is another bulb that can be replaced.
Anyone ever get that mult switch apart, and does it have a backlight bulb?

Thanks.