General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake installed, IAR REMOVED..!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 11:29 PM
befuddledblunt
Unregistered
Default intake installed, IAR REMOVED..!?

Hi, ive just installed an intake kit on my 94 accord 2.2 ies coupe. what i would like to know is what harm if any is being done to the engine, with the iar removed and vacume hoses unplugged ?
i thought that the engine was going to be worse and have problems when i started unpluging vacume lines and electrical connections from iar.....but NO.....just sounds quality...and a little more power. is this going to be short lived???? thanks

Old 12-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Default RE: intake installed, IAR REMOVED..!?

Removing the iar is ok, the only thing it does is keep the intake noise down and restrict air flow. I would just cap those vac hoses and call it good.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:11 AM

sorry for the slight steal, but, if you have the stock intake on a 97 coupe ex, will taking out the resonator(below the airbox that holds the airfilter) really give you n e thing besides better sound? Im sure it would give you like ONE horse at least. just looking to get some free power is all.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:44 PM
befuddledblunt
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: Slusher

Removing the iar is ok, the only thing it does is keep the intake noise down and restrict air flow. I would just cap those vac hoses and call it good.

quality! good to know thanks[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-12-2006, 03:01 AM

anybody??

Old 12-12-2006, 11:37 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Are you talking about that black box under your air filter? If thats what you mean, then its fine to take it out, I dont know how much power it will give you. I took mine out when I put my SRI in, I think it lets a little more air flow through. Its kind of a pain to get out, you will be better off if you can have someone help you.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:11 PM

yeah, the black box under. I'm gonna gave to take off the inner fender and some other stuff.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:25 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

There were two bolts holding that black box in on my car. I pulled the splash guard back and got one bolt really easy, the other one I got from the top, it was just a pain because the ratchet didnt fit in there very easy, and it was hard to keep the socket on it. Also difficult to see. But it CAN be done!! lol