General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got a 2007 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Default Just got a 2007 Honda Accord

Hi, I'm not new to Hondas (my first one was a new '81 Civic wagon), but it's been a few years since my last Honda. I just got this '07 Accord EX V6 with 8K miles and I have a question or 2 about a couple of issues. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:31 PM

There are a couple of things that I would like to fix in the car. One is replacing the cabin air filter and cleaning the accumulated debris around the air supply. I ordered a new filter and cleaned out the old one as well as I could while I wait for the new one. I would appreciate any tips for cleaning out accumulated leaves, dirt etc. That might mildew of decompose and create funky smells..

Second thing is that I only got one key with the remote and one valet key. I just ordered a new blank key from iKeyless for a reasonable price of $54.90, they say I can program it myself and have the key cut at any locksmith. I wonder if anyone has done this before and what advise they might offer.

This car is very nice and has leather seats, automatic transmission, V6 engine, etc. No navigation though... I had to put a new set of tires on it because the tires that came with the car looked almost new, but appear to have dry rotted or suffered from UV exposure....

Old 12-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Well, the REAL questions belong in General Tech, but lets leave it here in the welcome/introductions area for now.

I'll look for a parts drawing, but you might be able to remove the blower from out the bottom of the HVAC assembly. That probably get you better access to clean out the crud. You might have to remove the lower dash panel or something above the passengers feet.

Look for a locksmith that has the computer tool for the immobilizer in your car. You have to do 3 things with that key.

1 Physically cut the key to fit the lock cylinder.

2 Program the immobilizer in the car so it will accept the RFID chip embedded in the key. If you don't do that, it'll open the doors but can't start the engine. Normally requires the Honda proprietary computer hookup (dealer) but there's some locksmiths that can do that.

3 Program the remote-locks to accept the remote's commands. That part you can do yourself. I'll look for those instructions.

Already bought new tires? The old ones should have date-code embedded in the tire sidewall. I had a 2003 with Michelin tires that got hardened with age before the tread wore out. Sometimes that's the way it goes...

Take care of the auto-trans. The worst was over before 2007, but I'd recommend drain/fill with HONDA ATF more often than the owner's manual says.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Here's how to program the remote unlocking...
1) Unlock Doors
2) Turn ignition key to "ON" position (II)
3) Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the remote
4) Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position (0, I)
5) Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position
6) Press lock or unlock
7) Turn key to off position
8) on position
9) lock or unlock
10) off position
11) on position
12)lock or unlock - doors should cycle to indicate successful programming. If you only have one remote, turn ignition to off or don't touch anything. if you have 2+ remotes, go to 13:
13) lock on each transmitter that you need to program

*Steps 2-12 must be performed within 5 seconds of each other. Step 13 can be performed within 10 seconds of step 12.

-----------

Picture of the blower looks like it comes out the bottom directly below the cabin-air filter.

Attached Thumbnails Just got a 2007 Honda Accord-2007-blower.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 AM

Thank you very much for your help!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:36 PM

wow i just got the same one silver07 but the LX V6.

Wondering if the key program would work on my key i brought ???

Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Raddy700
wow i just got the same one silver07 but the LX V6.

Wondering if the key program would work on my key i brought ???
If it is a new key, Honda will have to program it to the PCM (computer) so the immobilizer will work. See Jim's answers (#1 and #2).