General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Keyless entry stopped working?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Sohail288
Unregistered
Default Keyless entry stopped working?

When I try to open, or lock the car via the key remote control, the car gives me a response by blinking it's lights, but the locks don't pop up..., now, when I unlock the drivers side door manually, thekey remoteis able to unlock the passenger side door. I can hear the car trying to push up the drivers side lock, but it just won't budge for some reason if i use the key remote. Was this clear enough?

But on the bright side am I the only one that knows that if you unlock the car manually you can lower the windows fromoutside the car by unlocking it twice? I think that was a discovery moment for me.Any help will be really appreciated...

I have a stock 03 accord coupe v4. Should I just take it to the service place?

PS: Oh and it's really, quite obvious that it's linked to the drivers side door, because when i press the lock down and close the door, and press the button on the key, it gives me the honking "yes i'm locked" assurance, but if I don't press the lock down and close the door and press the button on the key, it doesn't give me the honk...so hopefully that further clarified this thing.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Keyless entry stopped working?

It sounds like it might be an electrical issue with the lock actuator in the door. Are there any grinding noises?

P.S. - I think the window thing started in Volkswagens/Audi back around 98-99...

Old 12-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

is it a stock keyless entry unit or was it installed aftermarket?

Old 12-18-2007, 07:07 PM

most likely it's the driver front door lock actuator going bad. it's unable to lock/unlock using power locks.

if you manually lock it and then you are able to lock the car using the remote you know all the electronics of the keyless entry/multiplex are ok.

since you said you and hear/feel it trying to work you know you most likely have power/ground at the actuator.

finally, it's common for them to fail. [8D]