General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

location of master switch on Honda Accord 2014

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 10:40 AM
Default location of master switch on Honda Accord 2014

Hi,
Could someone tell me where the master switch on a Honda Accord 2014 coupe is located?

I have two Honda Accord 2014, both have starting problem. The 4 door accord when turning the key, I could hear the click but the engine will not turn over. However after some tries, eventually it would start. I took to the dealer, they could not reproduce the problem and in the end they just replace the starter, the problem went away.

My coupe only has less than 50K. Initially I thought it is cold related. The P, N, D mode display on the dash would flash. I was told from another forum it could be the part connected on the battery, I changed it out but it did not resolve the problem. I am in Florida, it happened around 60F for a few times, and when it happens at 73F, I think it is not a temperature related issue.

I would like to seek professional opinion on the possible reason. Many people had this problem from the same model year and Honda has not issued recall on this issue, maybe it is not a lifethreating problem. Do you know the possible reason for this nonstarting issue?

I saw some referred to a relay in the master relay. do you know the location of the master switch?

Many thanks.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Stop by an autoparts store and have them scan for codes. Post any codes they read on here. That may help narrow down the problem.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The switch has nothing to do other it but it would be the driver side window controls. Have you checked to make sure your battery is good. If not go get it tested while you are at it have the alternator tested. Being that you are hearing a click I wouldn't say it's a starter issue. Make sure your ground cable is good on the battery and to the car.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:59 AM

Now it is the fall season, and we in Florida just had the first cold front coming in. The car temperature in the morning is 68F. So this morning this problem happens again. I am even not sure the problem is in the master switch. I have to open the hood, and let the sun shines on the engine bay for a few minutes, wait until the flashing disappeared to start the car. From the spring time to Fall season, it is half year passed, and the car did not have issue, the battery is a brand new one. From what I could tell, it is definitely temperature related issue. The 7.5 A fuse is good, just like before. so the 68F is a magic number for the car's problem.