General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Beeeep Sound and Shaking Badly sometime.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:00 PM
ThangxTroixDanh
Unregistered
Unhappy Long Beeeep Sound and Shaking Badly sometime.

its been awhile of research i haven't found any topic that close to my case. first my car 1997 Honda accord LX, yes its old but still running with almost 150k. anyways ...

First of all when i turn on my car which its in park gear . open the hood i can hear some kind the really Longg BEeEEeEEEEEEEeeeeeP for awhile then around 10 min 20 min later its stop.. anyone have that trouble or know any idea where it's came from . i try to listen but cant find where its exactly located.but i think some where on the bit on the top right of the engine. its has long beeep some time while am driving to and its turn off somehow..does anyone know how to fix it?

2nd ... sometime i drive around 10- 15 mins somewhere infont of the hood its start shaking really badly then i stop open the hood and run see where's the noise came from but after the mind i open the hood its stop ..... many time i try but never success to locate the noise... from my thought it's might from the radiator if its losing some kinda plug, 2nd maybe the engine too hot so its start to shake.. but if the engine too hot and if shake i will feel more extreme shake isnt? sorry my English r limits please help

Old 05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Its hard to diagnose sounds over the internet. Try to identify the location of the noise. A short piece of hose can serve as the poor-man's stethoscope and help you to locate the noise.

The shaking could be caused by a number of problems. Does your Check Engine Light come on while driving?

You should stop by an Autozone and have them read the engine error codes stored on your engine's computer. It is a free service. The connection is behind the ashtray. Post any codes they read on here. All codes start with the letter P and have four numbers after it, like P1234.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 AM

Are you sure it is a beep or is it more like a whine? Could be alternator whine. Does the car often shake when you stop at a red light?