General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New Problem Too.. 98' Accord V6 Ex-2DR

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Default My New Problem Too.. 98' Accord V6 Ex-2DR

Oh my... this looks like it's hard to troubleshoot, but I'll try to explain.

Drivers side lock will not respond to remote, or to inside electric lever.
It will open and lock manually from key or button, but will not control passenger side either way.
Passenger side will lock with E/lever on both inside doors, but intermittent with remote.
Thought: Maybe the battery in the remote is too weak to do the job entirely... is that possible???
Remote opens the trunk, flashes the lights.
When I push driver door button down, it locks, then I make sure Pass/side is locked manually or with E/lever.
Upon leaving the car the red light on the Drivers side button is lite. (alarm?)
Using the remote lock down (alarm beam) I hear a click and 2nd time it sets off the horn beep. That part seems normal, so I don't think it's the remote yet... oh I wish.

Trouble shot the fuse which is on P inside panel.... it's ok.

The only thing that preceded this malfunction is that I got out of my car in a downpour and the whole door area was soaked, switches etc. A couple days later it didn't function.

Does this make sense to anyone? My thought is the obvious one.. the D side lock is messed up, but how can I find & replace that unit?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Possible problem with door multiplex control unit. Since you stated this occurred after door area got soaked, you may want to take out the power window master switch assembly, and use compressed air and/or electrical contact cleaner to see if it makes any difference.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/x98-071e.pdf

Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Default 98 Ex V6 master lock

Hi Redbull

That's a nice diagram and it doesn't look as tricky as taking the whole door panel apart, something I hate to do.... but will if this doesn't work. Is there anything I need to be aware of when lifting out that window unit, like key off, being careful, anything else. Will I be able to see down to the Lock multiplex, or are they connected together, one on top of the other.... not quite sure.

Also I forgot to say that when I do use the inner E/switches I can hear a electrical circuit switching under the passenger corner dash. I don't ever remember hearing that before this problem started.