General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need assistance with Condenser Fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Default Need assistance with Condenser Fan not working

Hi Everyone,

Here's another thread looking for some assistance from the pro's!

First off, this forum has helped me tremendously! I just completed a time belt, balancer shaft belt and water pump change. Along with a new AC compressor, drier, evaporator. Flushed all the lines, spark plug and wires.

Went to have a friend put in the Freon which worked great, problem is the condenser Fan does turn on when the AC is turned on.

I have a 92 Accord EX Model. I already checked the usual, switch by the thermostat, only the Radiator Fan turns on. Changed the AC Relay with the Power Window one, same thing. Checked the fuses, under the hood, all good.

Tested the Fan by wiring directly to the battery and tested fine. Check the wiring and all looks good (Texas Car), not prone to rust issues.
I disconnected the connector at the fan and checked the connector and one of the leads had about 14 volts and when I shorted the switch there was no change.

I don't recall if it had worked in the past, this car is driven by my son so I can't say for sure it has worked in the past or not. I thought it did but can't be sure.

So what else can I check to try and get this fixed? It's not being driven right now as I would like to get this fixed first so he does not have any cooling issues down the road.

Appreciate your troubleshooting suggestions/assistance, thanks!

Dannyo

Old 05-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

The availability of voltage at the harness side connector suggests either intermittent fan, bad fan connector or intermittent wiring fault. Probably replacing condensor fan is easiest fix, or remove fan and trouble shoot wiring/connector for electrical fault.

good luck

Old 05-10-2013, 08:24 AM

From the connector does the wiring go to the two devices on Drivers side fender area where it looks like two type of cylinders? If so, what are the purpose of those two cylinders?

Should I have grounds instead on the connector? Just trying to understand what I should be seeing at the connector end.

TIA!

Dannyo

Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 AM

I fixed the issue!

For the record, the connector from the Condenser Fan goes over to one of the Relay's on the Driver's side Fender. Took a chance and bought one from the auto parts store (O'reilly MasterPro® Ignition - A/C System Relay Part # 2JR6) and replaced it.

It now works as designed! Very happy that's all it was!

Hopefully this helps someone out in the future!

Dannyo

Last edited by Danster; 05-10-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us and updating us on the fix.