General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finding parts for driver side window

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Default Need help finding parts for driver side window

1990 Honda Accord DX, 2.2 L, Manual

I was trying to fix my driver side window so it would roll up properly. But tightened the bolt that bolts to one of the two window clips at bottom of window and broke the bolt. So now I was wondering if there was a way to remove the window clip (for lack of the proper word) that the metal bar bolts on two? I couldn't remove the bolt when with an extractor because that broke off too. I am thinking if I can't remove the clip at bottom edge of window I guess I should use some really strong glue to glue the metal bar that bolts to it.

Also, I wanted to know if anyone knows if I can buy the rollers that go on the window regulator tracks, instead of having to try to find them from a salvage yard or buying the whole window regulator?

Thanks!

Old 03-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Administrator

We shall see if someone chimes in with a good honest answer for this one..

Thanks For Posting..WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

What part broke in the picture below? This is for the 4-door version. Not sure if you have a 2 or 4-door.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:06 AM

Yes, I have a four door (manual regulator). The bolt #21 broke off and then when I tried to use an extractor that broke too. So it was too hard of metal for me to drill into to try and extract the extractor (Which broke off in the hole I drilled in bolt #21). I really hope I can just remove the clip that the bolt bolts onto and replace with a new one and new bolt.

And I noticed that I am missing a roller and the other roller in the track is broken. Looking to see if I can buy those from some place online instead of going through Honda dealership in town.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

It doesn't look like the Honda Dealership sells the rollers. Also, the clips on the window do not have a part number, so you may have to get the window too.

If the rollers are replaceable, then search around for aftermarket sources. You may have to get the glass at a junkyard.