General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help removing trim please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Accordcurious83
Unregistered
Default need help removing trim please!

Since two of my climate control lights are burned out, I went to the dealer this morning to have them replaced. I bought the bulbs to do it myself, but was scared I'd scratch the trim. I was also having trouble prying out the clock with a flat head scredriver. They quoted me a price of 110 dollars to replace two bulbs. After being revived from fainting, I snatched my keys and stormed off without having it done. That is ridiculous! I got home and started trying again. I put a big scratche on the clock (which is what I was afraid of in the first place). I finally used a butterknife instead of a screwdriver. It was skinnier and worked like a charm. Wish I'd started with that! Now I've also removed the two screws on the bottom of the trim panel (99 Accord). But, even with the screws removed and clock pried out, the trim isn't moving! It's very firm and I don't know what what to pull or which direction to pry to get it off. Anyone able to clue me in?

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: need help removing trim please!

can you take a pic and show which portion of trim you're talking about?

Old 04-14-2008, 09:39 AM

Oh, check this out: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/561772/3

which can be found in my Accord Link collection in my sig

Old 04-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Accordcurious83
Unregistered

Thanks for responding. I have the body style before yours though, so I think the directions would be a little different. Here's a picture. I have in purple the part I need to remove. The part in blue are the bulbs that I need to replace.

Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/15861/1906D40A74D44100AFDD44F493EA6153.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-16-2008, 01:29 PM

I have a 99 LX. The layout of the air control buttons is abit different but the trim panel is the same. The clock/flasher unit pops out. If my memory is correct, the spring clasp is on the top. A butter knife will free it and bring it down and out. Disconnect the flasher and clock. Behind that is a screw on top. Once you have that out along with the 2 screws underneath, the entire trim piece (wood in yourpic) is simply a press fit with a few clips. A butter knife and patience will free it up.

I have the Helm manual at home and can check it tonite but I have removed that piece several times to change a bulb or 2, and replace the radio. It ain't hard.

--Jeff

Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM

yeah they like to use the spring clasps which can really frustrate you...

Hopefully jeffb will update you later, and good luck with the bulb-exchange